Friday, August 8, 2008

the wake-up call





I think it’s time I brushed up my writing skills to stay in the hunt. This triggered my decision to grab a copy of ‘Bill Bryson’s Dictionary for Writers and Editors’ as soon as possible. It’s not easy to be in this profession guys… Despite publications world over lamenting constantly about the dearth of good writers, there is cut-throat competition in this profession; a fact which you realize with a shock when you apply for jobs abroad. For me, it’s obviously a wake-up call. No time guys! I need to rush and brush (up my writing).

I don’t think anything interesting is happening generally otherwise. Today’s Mumbai Mirror published a survey they conducted which revealed that more than half of the Mumbaikars don’t know the Olympics kicked off today. Strange no? Other than this, stories were more or less the same; rising inflation, lull in the property market etc. etc. When are we going to get a respite? Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww…..

As I said, waqt bahut kam hai aur kaam bahut baki hai..so catch you guys later… Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

No comments: