Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A broken heart and an obdurate mind…


The illimitable elation of finding ‘true love’ early on in my life didn’t last long… as because of some inconceivable reasons, I couldn’t take the most decisive step forward and express the burning feelings within that I had for her… That, I thought, was one of the first miserable failures in my life… I couldn’t conjure up enough gumption to tell someone how much I loved her… how much I wanted her… and how much I would suffer without her… I could feel the desire in her eyes… the warmth in her smile… I knew she was waiting for a word from me… A word of invitation to my life… She was waiting for that exquisite day when we would ‘officially’ be together… But alas! It was not to be…
The eternal optimist that I was, and still am to a certain extent, my hopes continued to soar despite my discernible powerlessness to tell the world I loved this girl, and a life without her was more than nightmarish for me… As days passed by, my hopes, hitherto unwavering, began to flicker and then dwindle… the early signs of a premature death of an immature love… The feelings within began to evanesce… And finally, one day, it was all over… Not a single word exchanged… Not a single tear shed… And, it was all over… Sadly, both of us knew we loved each other… Words were replaced by smiles as means of communication… And our eyes constantly shared our feelings with each other… But words failed us… words failed our ‘silent love’… Tears evaded both of us...May be we were to young and innocent to shed tears when love was lost...forever...
Days, that followed, were hazy and lull… And I was left with a BROKEN HEART… but AN OBDURATE MIND kept me going…

1 comment:

Supri said...

i like ur blog man! gr8 work .